Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Knee Adventure

Day 1
February 23 2008


While walking around to the end of the ice at Ricoh Centre just after Andrew's hockey game had started, I stepped over an obsticle less than 6" high. I fell and was sitting on the floor. I thought my ankle had given out. When I stood up my left knee would not hold any weight, and bent sideways. Grossed me out. Albert took me to Oakville Hospital where we waited quite a while.





They took X-rays which showed nothing since ligaments don't show in X-rays.



After 7 hours we were on our way home with only instructions to come back to the fracture clinic four days hence, on Wednesday.



Day 5
Wednesday February 27

Fracture Clinic at Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital. Appointment for 9:15 am. Left at about 2 pm. It was very busy.



I was told it probably is only a grade II sprain ( I personally think it is grade III, but I never went to medical school ) which means knee brace, non weight bearing, come back in three weeks.



No comments: