Saturday, May 15, 2010

Carolyne’s New Job

May 10, 2010, I started a new job as Manager, Library Resource Centre, ArcelorMittal Dofasco.

After 22 years at the Xerox Research Centre of Canada, on February 1, 2010, the management decided they did not need a professional librarian in their materials research library and I was walked out. I got a fairly good severance.


Dofasco
Originally uploaded by Sean_Marshall

I now work in R&D just around the corner from where this picture was taken at Dofasco.

The people are great. It is a fairly small lab and I hope it will not take me too long to learn everyone’s name. So far I have my badge (we don’t have to wear them around our necks), my gas card (discounted gas), my parking pass (an assigned spot 30 paces from the entrance), my benefits forms, my office (about 50 feet from the ladies washroom), desk, phone, business cards on-order, etc. I’m still waiting for my hard hat, the keys to the building, and remote access to my accounts.  I also interviewed a candidate for the library assistant position. All in all, very good progress for a first week.

I’ll see about taking some photos around myself next week. It reminds me a lot of chemical valley in Sarnia :)

2e1bb8684487839defda47f572f9

 


No comments: