Thursday, April 02, 2009

This is a test

I am now speaking into my microphone. It is typing these words for me as I speak, Emma is watching. Emma thinks it is really cool. The program needs a little bit more training to recognize everything I say. But it is working fairly well. According to the documentation I should be able to speak in a normal tone and it will figure out what I'm saying. At the moment I'm talking slower and then it does type what I say. If I speak at my normal rate it doesn't seem to pick up everything. I still have to figure out how to get it to put in periods without actually saying period. I also have to figure out how to get it to type the word “period” when I want the word. So here goes a paragraph without any corrections:

Emmett is doing a project for school on the dog guides of Canada we have a dog guide his name is AJ. He is the second dog we had. The first one was named Casper area they are both white standard poodles. AJ is now nine months old. He had puppy class yesterday. Either to heal. The guy doing the training at the dog guide said that AJ respected them and do what she said. He seems to not not always. He has a tendency to jump up on the furniture he thinks he's allowed to not treat had a supper yet but it's not bothering me about it so I take them out now and then it's off to bed.

 

I am now speaking slower. You can see from above if you're not careful your sentences do tend to run on. You actually have to tell it the period. I only ran one training on it so I guess I'll have to run more training later. I'm not exactly sure who's being trained me or the software. However since it's doing this paragraph way better because I'm speaking slower, I think that I will have to give it a really good shot. Because it is cool.

No comments: