Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Happy Camper story

image

We are cleaning out and decluttering. I decided I could finally get rid of some of the baby things. When I was looking for a picture of the “Happy Camper” for my note to Freecycle I found that it had been recalled. Here are my steps to get a repair kit.

  1. call phone number on US government web site
  2. that number is out of service and a new one is provided
  3. call new number. they tell me to look on web site www.evenflo.com
  4. look on web site for recall info. The info there tells me to call a phone number. Same number as in point 1.  However, it does have a Canadian number.
  5. call Canadian number.
  6. after listening to a very long long message, press 4
  7. Very very slow talking women on line wants model number. I don’t have model number. She gets snippy but she starts talking faster. All I want to know at this point is if it is even worth looking for the number. Is a recall kit still available for a 13 year old item? She finally says it is available.
  8. send email to Albert asking him to look for model number.
  9. he sends it.
  10. call Evenflo again. This time I get a nice lady who who speaks at a human rate and promises to send the repair kit immediately.

So, in a few weeks a repaired “Happy Camper” will be offered on Oakville Freecycle.

No comments: