Sunday, April 06, 2008

SLA 2008 - Permission Granted

Technorati Tags:

 

I received official permission to attend SLA in Seattle!!

Since I also provide library services to a group in Wilsonville OR (just south of Portland) I will be rolling two trips into one. Flying into Seattle early, driving to Portland for a few days, driving back for the conference.

I am excited. I have not been to SLA for a few years. I always find it inspiring, energizing, and educational. I booked myself into the conference hotel before I had travel approval which was a good  thing as I have a room in the centre of the activity. My knee has been very troublesome so the less walking the better, especially on all those hills.

I have already send an email to those I know asking if they are going as well. It is never too early to plan dinner with friends.

I have been over the programme a few times and have so many conflicts with all the sessions I want to attend, it will be hard to finalize anything. It may come down to walking distance. It just gives me more incentive to be extra diligent about the physiotherapy!

No comments: